Monday 31 March 2014

Italy Field Report 4 – Drinks

As you know, I love to sit in Piazzas with a drink and a view, just watching the world go by.

I find that Italy offers the best options for this pastime, and therefore over the course of many visits, I have discovered some cafe-favourites that I can’t find at home.

1- Aperol Spritz, first discovered in Torino in 2012. How can it be that I never noticed it before???  EVERYONE is drinking this stuff!  If ever it does start appearing on drink menus at home, I don’t think I would order it much – there is something about it that requires it to be ordered exclusively in Italy.  I am in love with the colour!!

IMG_0272 IMG_0248

2- Gin Lemon, first had in Naples. I will never ever have a “Normal” gin & tonic again when I have this option! OMG it’s SO GOOD! I can’t get lemon Schweppes at home. Too bad :(

IMG_0231

3- Nestea Peach. When we were in Aosta I ordered fruit tea and got a can of this instead. What a lucky mistake because it’s so delicious! Again, can’t find Peach at home, only Lemon.

IMG_0326

4- Crema di Limoncello. My hands down best drink discovery from our last visit to Sorrento. Not only can I not find it at home, but I can’t find it anywhere in Italy north of Sorrento! The regular version is available anywhere…  but not the creamy one.

Imagine how thrilled I was to come across this today!  Strictly speaking it’s not the authentic version, but how different can it be?

IMG_0331 

I was going to drink it tonight but I was too full from supper so I’ll indulge tomorrow. Can’t wait!

Salute!

No comments:

Post a Comment